Special Collections and Archives contain material pertaining primarily to Kansas and Pittsburg State University.
AC / Heating
Group Meeting Room
The Library is named after Leonard H. Axe, the third President of the Kansas State Teacher's College, and Kansas State College of Pittsburg, now known as Pittsburg State University.
The Axe Library is both physical, and virtual:
· 350,000 physical, and 71,000 online books
· Almost 4900 physical periodical titles (over 1140 active print periodicals subscriptions)
· 56,000 electronic titles
· One half million Government Documents
· 280 online databases; subscription and open access resources with and without full text
· 100 public use computers and wireless access
· 250 Special Collections of archival and historical records relating to the University and the region
· 50,000 print items in University Archives
· AxeDigital Collections and University Masters Theses online
· Printing lab with fax, scanner, and color printer
· Private & group study areas throughout the Library
· Interlibrary Loan, to obtain material not available in our Library, and to assist researchers at other institutions by supplying material from our collection
· The KTC Branch Library offers material and services directed toward our technology students and instructors
Other services, operated independently of the Library, are:
· The Writing Center and Student Success Center are now open in their new facilities!
· The AxeGrind coffee shop, provides drinks and light snacks for Library users
· A Gorilla Geeks help desk is located on the main floor
Stories & Comments
Share Your Story (* fields required)